[slime-devel] Closing *Completions* buffer

Tiago Maduro-Dias tcmd at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Tue Apr 20 11:54:19 UTC 2004

Heya!

I've always been a bit annoyed at how the *Completions* buffer sticks
around even when it's not needed anymore. So I just added a bit of code
to slime.el which closes this buffer (if one exists) after pressing
space, making use of the slime-space hook.

Everything else works as expected and you can still middle-click on a
possible completion, etc., so I don't think this patch will get in the
way of anyone's development habits.

I didn't really spend much time figuring out exactly where the code
should go and ended up defining a new function "slime-close-buffer" in
the "Common utility functions and macros" section (as good a guess as
any).

Hope this helps!

Tiago.

--
"I conjecture that there is no good algorithm for the traveling salesman
problem. My reasons are the same as for any mathematical cojecture: (1)