[slime-devel] detachtty + slime

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 15 11:01:42 UTC 2004

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> run (swank:create-server 0) in the lisp image, this will return a port
> number (if you want a porticular port pass that to create-server
> instead of 0). Use M-x slime-connect to connect to that host and port,
> you'll need to set up an ssh tunnel if your doing this remotely and
> want it encrypted. the way things are currently structured the server
> created can only be used once, once you do a slime-disconnect you'll
> need to start a new serve in the app to be able to connect again.

CREATE-SWANK-SERVER has also a DONT-CLOSE argument to keep the socket
open.

> using compile file and M-. aren't completly functional yet, the hooks
> are there but nobody has really thought about how to translate remote
> file names into something the local emacs can deal with.

The idea is that slime-translate-{to,from}-lisp-filename-function
should convert remote filenames to TRAMP filenames, e.g.:

(setq slime-translate-from-lisp-filename-function
  (lambda (lisp-filename)
    (concat "/ssh:remote-host:" lisp-filename)))

should be enough for M-., but I never tried.

Helmut.