[slime-devel] Re: More slime.el fixes

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Apr 8 10:09:14 UTC 2004

Seen http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~john/procrastination.html ?

> Here are a bunch of small fixes for slime.el.  Most should be
> fairly self-explanatory.

Good stuff.

Some notes:

> +	(slime-same-line-p): Use `line-beginning-position' and
> +	`line-end-position'.  Fix typo in docstring.

This looks broken, I think it tests if two positions are on the same
line as (point) rather than the same line as one another? I left that
part out.

> +	(line-beginning-position): `forward-line' always puts us in
> +	column 0.
> +	(line-end-position): New function.

I tweaked the ChangeLog because "New function" sounded scary for such
a fundamental Elisp function name :-). I had forgotten that older
XEmacsen don't have these functions and we detect this and supply
definitions if needed.

> -\(when-let (VAR VALUE) &rest BODY)"
> +\(fn (VAR VALUE) &rest BODY)"

Why `fn' in these docstrings? (not committed)

-Luke