[slime-devel] slime repl commands

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Apr 6 10:46:54 UTC 2004

i just applied a patch which adds "repl commands" to slime.

the syntax is #\, command-name &rest args. I used the comma instead of
#\: since, afaict, #\, will never appear at the start of a valid lisp
form (unless you're messing with the read table in which case you can
just deal with it).

the following commands have been implemented:

cd namestring - change *default-pathname-defaults*

pwd - return the namestring of *default-pathname-defaults*

sayoonara - quits the lisp and kills all slime related buffers (this
has a weild bug whereby the next connection attempt after a sayoonara
will fail).

cload file &optional force - loads file. if the source is newer than
the compiled, or the compilied doesn't exist, or force is T then the
file is compilied before being loaded.

pack &optional new-package - sets or returns the current package. the
utility of this is debatable.

+ - resend the top of slime-repl-input-history, don't change
slime-repl-input-history.

I have tried to make defining commands easy, see the bottom of
swank.lisp for the defs of the current commands. I may very well have
broken the repl, comments welcome. These should probably be
re-organived into an explicit elisp side stuff and lisp side stuff.
we'll see if future commands need it enough to do that.

--
Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.