[slime-devel] Automatic "semantic" indentation

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Mon Apr 5 14:33:03 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Ahoy,
>
> I added a hopefully nice feature: Lisp teaches Emacs how to indent
> macros. I found a way to do it without hacking Emacs's indentation
> code at all.
>
>>From now on when you have a macro like:
>
>   (defmacro foo (a b &body body)
>     ...)
>
> anywhere in your Lisp image, Emacs should know to indent calls as:
>
>   (foo ((x y))
>        (bar)
>     (baz)
>     (beer))
>
> i.e. it groks &body.

This is a very nice thing to have!

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Signed and encrypted mail welcome.
Key-Server: pgp.mit.edu         Key-ID: 0xD65B2AB5
FA38 DCD3 00EC 97B8 6DD8  D7CC 35D8 8D0E D65B 2AB5

Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program
contains an ad hoc informally-specified bug-ridden
 - Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming