[slime-devel] cannot start slime

Henrique Rodrigues hmtr at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Sat Apr 3 03:52:49 UTC 2004

good evening,

it's my first time using slime, but i can't seem to make it start. after
configuring my .emacs, i try to run the command "slime", but after
displaying the message "Swank started at port: 1038" it breaks. the
backtrace shows:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  hs-hide-block-at-point()
  slime-log-event((:open-dedicated-output-stream 1040))
  slime-dispatch-event((:open-dedicated-output-stream 1040) #<process
SLIME Lisp>)
  slime-process-available-input()
  slime-net-filter(#<process SLIME Lisp>
"^@^@%(:open-dedicated-output-stream 1040)\n")

i don't really understand what's going on, but shouldn't it try to open
the stream on port 1038, where swank is listening? what can i do to fix
this?

thank you,
henrique rodrigues

--