[slime-devel] Bad interaction between slime and repl variables in SBCL

Lawrence Mitchell wence at gmx.li
Fri Apr 2 23:40:32 UTC 2004

Using the latest version of slime (2004-04-02), and SBCL
0.8.9.6, I get problems with repl variables.  To whit:

; SLIME 2004-04-02
CL-USER> (find-package "CL")
#<PACKAGE "COMMON-LISP">
CL-USER> *
CL-USER> +
(LOAD "/opt/cvs-trees/slime/swank-loader")
CL-USER>

I'm not sure where to start looking for problems here, since
adding FORMAT statements in LISTENER-EVAL seems to set *, **,
and their brethren correctly.  Evaluating the same forms in a
command-line SBCL give's me the expected results:

> (find-package "CL")
#<PACKAGE "COMMON-LISP">
> *
#<PACKAGE "COMMON-LISP">