[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS update: slime/swank.lisp

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 15 20:55:48 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <lgorrie at common-lisp.net> writes:

> (send-to-emacs): Put back WITHOUT-INTERRUPTS* -- not sure exactly what
> it's for, but I had no actual reason to remove it so I probably broke
> something!

The without-interrupts ensures that we don't write partial sexps to
the Emacs buffer.  If Lisp receives a SIGINT before the expression is
completely written, we enter the debugger and send some debugger
messages to the stream, but Emacs will not be able to parse it
correctly.

This occurs very likely if you remove without-interrupts*, set
*use-dedicated-output-stream* to nil and run the
interrupt-bubbling-idiot test case.

Helmut.