[slime-devel] Non-member posting disabled.

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Fri Dec 12 19:29:01 UTC 2003

Ahoy,

I have disabled non-member posting to slime-devel. This hopefully
avoids spam. The really annoying thing about people spamming
slime-devel is that if a subscriber's MTA recognises the spam and
bounces it, then mailman will see the "permanent failure" and disable
that person's subscription. Very annoying, though good in the sense of
"pushing the spam responsibility back towards the source".

I do want to allow postings from non-members via Gmane,
however. Hopefully this works automatically. If you are reading this
mail (which I assume you are), then it definitely does, because I
posted this via Gmane from an unsubscribed address.

If you are not reading this mail, then it doesn't work, and I
apologise for having wasted your time.