[slime-devel] Maybe someone likes menues too

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.com
Sun Dec 7 05:42:30 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Friedrich Dominicus <frido at q-software-solutions.com> writes:
>
> > I know quite  a few keystrokes under XEmacs but with every new mode a
> > lot more are suddendly there ;-) Now I can not remember all those
> > keystrokes in any of the modes so I'm sometimes quite happy to have
> > some menu. I did not find one for slime so I wrote one. Feel free to
> > use and comment on it. I assume I will polish it over time, so you can
> > see it as Version 0.1 ;-)
>
> It's very cool, I'd like to add it to SLIME.
Well that's what I hoped someone would do ;-)

> One bother is that XEmacs doesn't seem to have `easy-menu'. Does
> anyone know what the done thing is for doing menu-bar extensions
> portably?
Well I looked for a portable solution and the comments in easymenu.el
told me that I'm on the right track. BTW it was developed under XEmacs
here, just in case I forgot to mention that.

As said I will check it out and see what might should be included. And
a nice context menu would be appriciated (at least by me ;-)

Regards
Friedrich