[slime-devel] Re: [Ilisp-devel] SLIME

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 1 16:06:27 UTC 2003

Bill Clementson <bill_clementson at yahoo.com> writes:

> Fair enough. But, could you elaborate on where you
> feel inf-lisp is more robust than ILISP? I know that
> there were a lot of quality issues a while ago;
> however, I believe that most of those have been
> addressed in the last couple of releases. I would have
> thought that ILISP today would be no less robust than
> inf-lisp.

I haven't used ILISP for some time and things may have changed in the
meantime, but I think ILISP needs a way to detect the prompt of the
Lisp to work properly.  I think ILISP hangs or breaks if the prompt
regexp is not set correctly.  AFAIK inf-lisp also uses a such a
regexp, but doesn't break if the regexp is wrong.  So in this sense
inf-lisp is more robust.

Helmut.