[regex-coach] Getting it going on linux

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Sep 3 14:22:33 UTC 2007

[Please use the mailing list for question w.r.t. the Regex Coach.]

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:44:18 +0200, "Anne Wainwright" <aesop at fables.co.za> wrote:

> I saw that documentation and took it to refer to a red-hat
> installation

Why did you think that?

> I am suprised that the linux version is not supported in favour of
> the Win one when surely most people looking at regex are going to be
> in the 'nix world (things change and that may be a very incorrect
> assumption nowadays on my part), but I am sure there are good
> reasons for that.

Yes, I think you assumption is very much incorrect.  I see no
particular reason why regular expressions should be somehow tied to
the Unix world.

Anyway, when the Linux version was still available, more than 95% of
all downloaders opted for the Windows version.  And virtually all
feedback I ever received from Linux users was complaints about the
program not being open source.  I finally figured that there are
better ways to waste my time.

Cheers,
Edi.