[regex-coach] Regex Coach strings in Windows Registry

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Dec 23 23:05:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:54:24 -0500, Sheri <silvermoonwoman at comcast.net> wrote:

> Do you know how I can independently update the "pane" values for
> Regex Coach without losing the linebreaks? If I import a .reg file
> (even one that's just been exported) Regex Coach's strings with
> carriage returns and linefeeds are either truncated or lost
> entirely. I want to pass strings from my editor into the registry,
> then open Regex Coach. Any suggestions?

I'm confused by your description.  You're editing files with your
editor (which one?) and then you're saving them?  And these are saved
as ".REG" files and then opened with the Windows registry editor?  And
then you "export" them again?  Hmm.  And what do you mean when you say
"import" - do you mean inserting the file into one of the panes using
"File -> Insert File..."?

Would you mind sending a reproducible step-by-step description of what
you're doing and what went wrong?

Thanks,
Edi.