[regex-coach] [:alnum:]

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Nov 9 09:46:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:36:00 +0100, Veit Guna <veit.guna at gmx.de> wrote:

> First of all great job you've done there with RegEx Coach :)!

Thanks... :)

> While I was testing some regular expressions for logcheck (a program
> to check logfiles e.g. syslog etc. :)), I noticed, that the
> expression [:alnum:] for alphanumeric characters (used with egrep)
> isn't recognized correctly. I think it's because CL-PPCRE is used,
> is that correct?

Yes.

> Will there be alnum support in some way in the furure?

Yes, I think so. It's not actually hard to do that (adding Unicode
character classes) but some diligence and time is needed which I don't
have at the moment. I'll probably add this to CL-PPCRE as soon as I
need it for some project. Once CL-PPCRE has it the Regex Coach will
get it as well.

Cheers,
Edi.