[regex-coach] bug in os x regex coach

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Dec 8 20:54:39 UTC 2004

Hi!

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:08:16 -0500, Alan Ruttenberg <alanr-l at mumble.net> wrote:

> Thanks for this - looks quite useful! Just downloaded and was about
> to explore a regex I am working on.
>
> [+*]\d+
>
> gives the notice "Unknown token FAKE-ENTRY in parse tree"
>
> The target string is "+100929 asd;askjd;;"

Yes, see here:

  <http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/regex-coach/2004-November/000043.html>

The problem is that porting this app to OS X turned out to be much
more complicated than I though it would be. While CAPI applications
are generally very easy to port between Windows, Linux, and OS X, this
one exposes particular problems because of the OS X threading
model. You can search the LispWorks mailing list on gmane.org if you
want more details.

I don't have enough time and energy to do more work on the OS X port
but another LispWorks developer who has a Mac license has offered to
help once he has some spare time. Keep your fingers crossed - you
/might/ see a working Mac version in January or February.

> BTW, various emacs key bindings don't work - arrows, control-[bfpn]
> and copy and paste are not available.

Yes, but these issues should be easy to fix.

Cheers,
Edi.