[rdnzl-devel] rdnzl vs LWW6

Paul Tarvydas tarvydas at visualframeworksinc.com
Sun Feb 7 16:15:26 UTC 2010

> On Feb 6, 2010, at 22:35 , Paul Tarvydas wrote:
>
> > I wanted to have a look at rdnzl, but it crashes LWW6 when I load load.lisp (in init-rdnzl, probably inside the dll).
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this (or confirm that it works, hence, the problem is local to my machine)?
>

> I have no problems running under LWW6 under Windows XP and delivered programs under Windows server 2003.
>
> What version of Windows are you running, what version of the .NET framework, and where did you put rdnzl.dll?

32-bit Vista.  .NET 3.5 framework sp1.  I left rdnzl.dll in the same directory as the rdnzl code, then did

(cd "../rdnzl")

in the listener, then load'ed load.lisp.  I also wrapped the filename with (current-pathname "RDNZL.DLL") in ffi.lisp at the register-module call.

(When looking for the .NET version, I noticed that I also had the 4 beta 2 framework and client.  I removed them, rebooted and tried rdnzl again, with the same results.  It is safe to assume that I know nothing about .NET at this point in time).

> You'd better also make sure that you're running the latest version of rdnzl, as there has been some problems in the recent months (caused by code changes that I suggested, alas).

Is the latest 0.13.2?

thank you
pt