[rdnzl-devel] The constant *ffi-args-size* in port-acl

Iver Odin Kvello iverodin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:08:58 UTC 2008

I have a smallish problem with the default value of the constant
*ffi-args-size* in port-acl.lisp in the distribution; this is 10 (ten)
which is smaller than the number of arguments to the "Open" method of
Office documents, in particular Excel (15 arguments to provide there).

I tried to find out from where the restriction orginated so I could
#+version it away, but I couldn't find it in the ACL documentation.
Version 7.0 can handle at least 20 arguments, so this at least works:

(defconstant *ffi-args-size* #+(version>= 7) 20 #-(version>= 7) 10)

Does anyone know the correct limits?