[rdnzl-devel] Re: New version 0.9.3

Dan Muller s8ctxw402 at sneakemail.com
Sat Feb 18 02:14:02 UTC 2006

Quoth Edi Weitz:
> One could do something like this (although it's not pretty)
>
>  (defun single (float)
>    (let ((*coerce-double-floats-to-single* t))
>      (box float)))
>
>  (invoke object method-name float1 (single float2))
>
> where the first argument is supposed to be a System.Double and the
> second one a System.Single.

Ooh, good point! This will be handy for experimenting with different
ways of arranging this.

I verified that your change works by passing a float where before I was
passing an integer. (The method wants a single, but .NET was doing the
method lookup and implicit int-to-single conversion fine, and I
happened to just need an integer value there.) But the other function
that was giving me fits, Mesh.Cylinder, is blowing up for some other
reason. At least it's getting called now -- progress! I'm pausing to
download the latest DX9 SDK, since mine was rather old. Best to fight
with fresh bugs rather than old ones, I always say...

--
Dan