[rdnzl-devel] (no subject)

Dan Muller s8ctxw402 at sneakemail.com
Fri Feb 17 05:49:16 UTC 2006

My first post to this list...

I started playing around with RDNZL, Direct3D 9.0, and the evaluation
version of LispWorks for Windows about a week ago. Very nice! But I've
run into an interesting problem.

Direct3D uses single floats throughout its interface, but in LispWorks
for Windows, all floating point types are equivalent to double-float.
So I've got this rather difficult situation, where RDNZL can never find
a method if it takes a single float argument! Even if it could find it,
a down-conversion from double to single float would be needed, which
probably shouldn't occur implicitly.

I tried explicitly calling System.Convert.ToSingle, but by the time I
can get my hands on the return value, it has been turned back into a
double! I haven't been able to figure out a way around this without
modifying RDNZL, or writing some sort of .NET function that returned a
boxed single. But I'm not sure that the latter wouldn't be unboxed, or
that it would give the correct type for the method lookup in RDNZL.

Any ideas?

--
Dan Muller