[pro] generating documentation

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Jul 19 09:06:33 UTC 2011

Tamas Papp <tkpapp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a reasonably automatic way of generating
> documentation (eg texinfo or HTML) from the source. I found many
> libraries for this on cliki, and instead of trying all of them out, I
> thought I would ask for advice here.
>
> Portability would be nice is not necessarily a requirement

  Then, if you don't mind trying an SBCL-only thing, I would of course
recommend my Declt package. It generates Texinfo so you can in turn get
Info, HTML and PDF output. It takes one function call (with many
options) to generate the Texinfo file. Perhaps you can look at an
example to see how things are organized and what gets documented.

The Decl reference manual is such an example:
http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier/software/lisp/declt/reference.pdf

Good luck.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com