Suddenly having trouble with update-dao

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Thu Jan 23 16:24:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:22:53AM -0500, Zach Beane wrote:

> It does use arbitrary checkouts for many projects. There are many useful
> projects for which that is the only way the software is made available.
>
> Most of the time it works ok, but sometimes it doesn't. I'd like to
> improve the situation, but it takes time.

I see.
So, is there a way to install a specific quicklisp dist?
My buildscript currently uses the following:

  sbcl --non-interactive --no-userinit --load quicklisp.lisp
  --eval "(quicklisp-quickstart:install :path (merge-pathnames \"quicklisp/\" (directory-namestring (truename *default-pathname-defaults*))))"

But this seems to fetch the current quicklisp dist.
And, related: how long do you provide older versions of the dist?

Thanks for all that work - by using quicklisp I was able to drop
thew need to create Debian wrappers for 12 lisp packages.

 Cheers, RalfD