Simple-date vs local-time

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 10:32:19 UTC 2014

> are stored as "timestamp without time zone," but we are hoping to move
> toward a timezone-aware model at some point down the road (although not
> immediately--it might end up being a couple years).

just a quick note that local-time timestamps are also not aware of
timezones either, and that is fine that way. only the conversion
functions are aware of timezones, e.g. when printing a timestamp into
a calendar system defined string of characters that humans can
understand, or when e.g. creating a timestamp from user input.

also note that local-time has quite some TODO's documented in its TODO
file. but other than that it works.

https://github.com/dlowe-net/local-time/blob/master/TODO.org

--
• attila lendvai