[postmodern-devel] using dao-class on database with column names like "addr:city"

John Morrison john.nmi.morrison at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:33:34 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 14 June 2011, Marijn Haverbeke wrote:
> If colons are safe in SQL field names, you can change
> s-sql::to-sql-name to leave them intact (there seems to already by an
> exception for * characters).

Thanks, and will do...

As regards colons in column names: while I am by no means an
experienced SQL guy, AFAICT the various GIS tools I am using all seem
(so far) to be functioning correctly on databases with those column
names.

> Slot names can be locked? I've never heard of that. How?

IIRC I got a package lock violation when naming the dao-class' slot
"type" to mirror the SQL column name.  I will go back and look again -
only spent 2 seconds kludging around it, as I ran into the colon
problem on the same table....

Thanks again for the help!

-jm