[postmodern-devel] Parameterized sql strings

achambers at mcna.net achambers at mcna.net
Sat Nov 13 04:07:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking that there is currently no way to parameterize raw SQL strings to be sent through postmodern?  I realize most SQL can be expressed as S-SQL but it doesn't seem to support COPY syntax yet.  I added the function `sql-fmt' for this purpose and am submitting it to the list in case it's useful for others....

(defun sql-fmt (fmt &rest args)
  (apply 'format nil fmt (mapcar 'sql-ize args)))

In my repo [1], I added this to the :export list of both s-sql and postmodern packages.  Please pull the change or let me know if you need this changed in any way.

[1]: https://github.com/cddr/Postmodern/commits/master

Cheers,
Andy