[postmodern-devel] Developing with postmodern

Lucas Hope lucas.r.hope at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 03:43:57 UTC 2010

I get this sometimes when I have done a "wrong" query that is wrong in that
it would take a very long time to complete, not a malformed SQL statement.

Then I interrupt the process from the lisp/slime side, but the PostgreSQL
side is still happily executing. The toplevel connection is still waiting
for the result, and hence you have to reconnect toplevel (or better, kill
the rogue postgres process).

This behaviour seems correct to me, or at least suitable enough. A minor
improvement might be to kill the query if you interrupt and cancel the
lisp-side process, but that sounds like too much trouble.

So it depends how "wrong" wrong is.

-Luke

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Marijn Haverbeke <marijnh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Mariano,
>
> I haven't seen this issue before. Are those queries made from the
> REPL, or from another thread? Also, which CL implementation, and which
> Postgres version are you using?
>
> Best,
> Marijn

Dr Lucas Hope - (646) 2332123 after 3pm US EST
Machine Learning and Software Engineering Consultant
Melbourne, Australia