[postmodern-devel] one-way array/record/coercion support

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 08:10:12 UTC 2010

> In my project I'm using it to connect to a database that heavily uses
> some of the advanced PostgreSQL functionality, including PL/pgSQL functions
> taking arrays of records as arguments.  I found S-SQL to be a little
> lacking in expressiveness for that, so I've quickly hacked some methods
> that let me pass Lisp vectors to SQL and QUERY (they will be rendered
> into PostgreSQL array literals):

on a somewhat related note, i'm working on extending/reworking the
binding mechanism so that users can add methods for lisp types that
serialize lisp values directly into the socket stream.

for that i've added a serialize-for-postgres generic (that by default
calls to-sql-string), but i need to spend more time to think through
how this could be integrated better (e.g. i'd like to support
serializers without an intermediate byte vector buffer). but i'm not
happy with the current code yet... although inserting
local-time:timestamp's without turning them into strings works
already.

--
 attila