[postmodern-devel] Using simple-date date class as :col-type

Mitch Berkson mitch at bermita.com
Fri Sep 25 14:49:38 UTC 2009

I have not been successful using the date class as a :col-type in a DAO.
Here is what I have tried:

(defclass cpa-address ()
   ((id :col-type integer :accessor address-id)
    (start_date :col-type date :accessor address-start-date)
    (version :col-type integer))
   (:metaclass postmodern:dao-class)
   (:keys id)
   (:table-name gt_address))

In the Postgres database, the field type of start_date is date. When I
select a cpa-address DAO, I expect to see a symbol of type simple-date
in the start_date slot, but what I get is a CL universal time.

Should I be trying something else to take advantage of simple-date?
Thanks for any help.

Mitch