[postmodern-devel] "defined more than once in table.lisp" warnings

Mitch Berkson mitch at bermita.com
Thu Sep 24 01:53:35 UTC 2009

Marijn Haverbeke wrote:
> Is there anything that might be causing the class to be finalised
> multiple times? (Multiple defclass forms, or a redefinition of a
> parent class...) These methods get defined every time the class is
> finalised.

I don't know. Maybe I am not using the :metaclass correctly.  I have
classes in a file as in this example:

(defclass cpa-email ()
  ((id :col-type integer :accessor email-id)
   (member_id :col-type integer :accessor email-member))
  (:metaclass postmodern:dao-class)
  (:keys id)
  (:table-name db_email))

(defclass cpa-phone ()
  ((id :col-type integer :accessor phone-id)
   (member :col-type integer :accessor phone-member)
   (description :col-type string :accessor phone-description))
  (:metaclass postmodern:dao-class)
  (:keys id)
  (:table-name db_phone))

When I compile this, I get the warnings:
;;;*** Warning in (DEFCLASS CPA-EMAIL): (METHOD GET-DAO ((EQL
(CLASS-NAME CLASS)))) defined more than once in
d:\lisp\postmodern\postmodern\table.lisp.
;;;*** Warning in (DEFCLASS CPA-PHONE): (METHOD GET-DAO ((EQL
(CLASS-NAME CLASS)))) defined more than once in
d:\lisp\postmodern\postmodern\table.lisp.

Mitch