[postmodern-devel] Postmodern Store for Weblocks

Phil Marneweck zaries at global.co.za
Sat Nov 7 18:36:24 UTC 2009

I did not really want to create a separate project for it. I was just
hoping for some feedback here on this list before I hand it of to the
weblocks guys. If they are happy enough with it they can work it into
their repositories. From there anybody that is interested can then hack
away.

I just wanted to make sure that I did not "miss use" postmodern in my
attempt to comply to what I interpreted to be the requirements of a
weblocks store.

I spent a good amount of time digging in the postmodern code to better
understand how to use postmodern in the store.

The main difference between the store and my day to day use of posmodern
is that the store hangs onto the connection object to re-use it. In a
sense I already deviated a bit from this by disconnecting from the db
after using it in the store (anticipating that the store would mostly be
used by weblocks widgets that have a specific use scenario, giving me
the chance to reconnect in the back ground).

The store should be using postmodern's connection pooling to make
reconnecting more efficient.

There should also be some tracking of "explicit transactions" so as to
not disconnect from the db when a transaction is active on a store.

In the mean time I am using it for a project that has to be finished by
Monday so it will see a lot of use in the next 30 hours. This will
hopefully sort out any glaring bugs.

What is left is bad lisp style and other stupid mistakes...;)