[postmodern-devel] darcs patch: add support for the currval() and lastval() functions

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:17:58 UTC 2009

Ah, there's already a :nextval. Now I see your point. I guess someone
(possibly me) thought that was a good idea at the time. My issue is,
though, that there's so much built-in functions in Postgres that
providing a convenience wrapper for all of them would make the library
huge.

I'd remove nextval, but that might break someone's code. The
consistency isn't too bad, since the definition of :nextval also
allows strings as input, people passing these functions strings (the
logical thing to do) will never even notice this.

Best,
Marijn