[postmodern-devel] Authentication

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Thu Aug 27 19:19:30 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It seems it is not possible to connect to a local postgres server using the
'ident sameuser' authentication method - the two functions 'connect' and
'connect-toplevel' both require user and password arguments.

I thought perhaps passing empty strings as user and password arguments might be
the way to say "use the ident sameuser method" but alas, it raises the error:

 "Database error 28000: no PostgreSQL user name specified in startup packet"

Perhaps this is a feature that is lacking, or am I missing something?

Regards,

Sebastian

P.S.  Apologies if this is a FAQ.  A Gmane search of this list for 'ident
      sameuser' returned no results.

--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.