[postmodern-devel] dao and *escape-sql-names-p*

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 11:53:53 UTC 2008

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the report. I have made the following changes:

to-sql-name now takes an optional second argument that overrides
*escape-sql-names-p*, and the row-reader builder for DAO classes
passes NIL when determining the names of rows.

As for the user table -- I guess you caught me at not testing my own
examples ;). I did run it through S-SQL, but not through the database.
I have added a (possibly somewhat over-engineered) feature to solve
this without turning on escaping for every single identifier: S-SQL
now has a table of reserved words, and when *escape-sql-names-p* is
:auto (the new default), it will escape those words when it comes
across them.

Let me know how this works for you. If there are no problems, I guess
I'll do another release (since the get-dao issue is really rather
bad).

Cheers,
Marijn