[postmodern-devel] Unbound slots on nullable values?

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:43:45 UTC 2008

Hello Mikko,

As Ryan mentioned, you have to use (:or db-null integer) to specify a
regular integer field, since it will default to "NOT NULL". Also, if
you are just starting to use the library, it is probably a better idea
to get the current code from the darcs repository -- I'm about to
release a new version with a slightly changed interface, and one of
the changes is that the defclass macro is replaced by a dao-class
metaclass, which handles unbound slots in a much nicer way. The
repository contains docs which are updated for that version, and is
not expected to change much before the 1.10 release. (I don't usually
break backwards compatibility, but there were a few issues that
required cleaning up, so 1.10 will.)

On the subject of 1.10 -- has anyone apart from Attila tried the
current code yet?

Cheers,
Marijn