[postmodern-devel] Looking for hints on converting from clsql to postmodern

Sabra Crolleton sabra.crolleton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 22:20:24 UTC 2008

One of our postgresql databases has a heavy proportion of foreign language text (all encoded in utf-8).  I was starting to learn lisp by porting a webapplication and got part way into it before I realized that using clsql may require me to manually encode and decode everything from latin to utf-8. It was suggested that postmodern may be a way out of that.

The app is still in early stages, so I'm hoping that converting from clsql to postmodern won't be too bad, but any hints on things to watch out would be appreciated.

Sabra