[SPAM] Re: [postmodern-devel] Timestamp (with time zone)

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Mon Apr 14 14:51:27 UTC 2008

Marijn,

On 14 Apr 2008, at 16:08, Marijn Haverbeke wrote:

> I had no idea now() behaves differently depending on the data type.
> I can see the problem.

Well, the documentation,

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-datetime.html

is quite confusing around these issues, it does seem to be possible to
do extra conversions, but I would expect their now() to work like (get-
universal-time), but I am no postgresql expert.

> There are two new patches in the repo, one adding
> a reader for timestamp with time zone values as you suggested, and one
> replacing dashes with spaces when writing out type names. That second
> one is a bit of a hack, but seems to work well in most cases.

Thanks for the patches, it now works for me.

Sven

PS:

I would like to add that Postmodern is a very nice project, well
documented. I know from experience that this requires a lot of work. I
was especially surprised (in the good way) by the quality of your
source code: very readable, using many CL features in a clean way.
Great work!