[postmodern-devel] development plans for discussion

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 15:51:29 UTC 2007

> i'll try to make iolib compile-time pluggable and if it's not too
> kludgy then i'll record it and report back.

I was thinking about this today -- maybe it would be easiest to
implement a USocket backend based on IOLib, with dynamic variables to
configure things that the USocket interface does not incorporate (such
as timeouts). That way, Postmodern would not have to be changed, and
the same code could be used in other projects that use USocket. You
could even ask Eric if he'd be interested in incorporating such things
in the general USocket interface.

Marijn