[postmodern-devel] development plans for discussion

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:57:31 UTC 2007

Hi Attila,

About the encoding -- don't worry about ditching trivial-utf-8, if
there is a faster and more general alternative that's cool. I don't
see any functionality for writing directly to a stream in it though,
but maybe I didn't look hard enough. Perform some benchmarks to prove
that babel actually speeds things up before building a patch.

I didn't know iolib. It looks cool -- but I'm not okay with making
postmodern posix-only. If you can find a way to make the socket
library 'pluggable', that would be cool... but then we're writing a
wrapper around socket wrapper libraries, which is a bit screwy. Have
you looked deeply in the problems you're having with usocket? Might
they be fixed by patching usocket?

Cheers,
Marijn