[postmodern-devel] Defer creation of sequence ids?

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:58:11 UTC 2007

Marijn Haverbeke wrote:
> How moving the initialization
> of the auto-id field to an initialize-instance method, which only does
> it if no :defer-id (or something similar) keyword arg is given? Then,
> save/insert-dao could check whether the id field has a value, and
> initialize it when it does not.

Sounds good to me. I've been trying to hack something into the
set-fields method of deftable, haven't entirely succeeded yet, but your
approach seems more elegant to me. I don't think I know the code well
enough to do this design change, I'll be grateful if you can check in a
solution, I'll test it out.

Thanks,
Vamsee.