[postmodern-devel] Submarine announcement

Ryszard Szopa ryszard.szopa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 23:21:36 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Rafał Strzaliński <nablaone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to separate DAO definition and db connection spec?
> Keeping connection spec in one place (global variable) makes
> deployment easier.

Well, the idea behind each class having its own connection spec is
that I would like to allow each class to be connecting another
database. I don't know if this is the best approach (after all, this
is not the most common a situation), and maybe I will rethink it.

Personally, I usually wrap my dao defnitions into a macro with the
right connection spec, like the following:

(defmacro defdao-example (name supers &body body)
  "Wrapper macro for defining a class inheriting from DAO with the
metaclass set to HTML and the right connection-spec."
  `(defdao ,name ,supers
    , at body
    (:connection-spec "submarine-test" "richard" "dupa" "localhost")))

> BTW, nice password ;-)

Well, I guess it is one of the glorious Polish traditions (-;

Bests,

    -- Richard

--
http://szopa.tasak.gda.pl/