[pg-devel] Loading pg into sbcl

Bruce Carleton rbc at rbcarleton.com
Sat Mar 29 21:57:24 UTC 2008

I'm trying to use pg.lisp with sbcl-1.0.10 and postgres-8.2.5 on
FreeBSD 7.  I've copied "pg" from cvs into the /usr/local/lib/sbcl/
site-systems directory.  I also built the fasl files by running
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'pg) in the directory.  All of that
worked without error.  I'm not really sure of how to require pg when
I make subsequent starts of sbcl.

I'm looking for the right way to load pg after I've started sbcl.
I've mostly used guile with simplesql in the past.  This is my first
serious attempt to use CL database access.  I'm just starting to
learn common lisp/sbcl loading procedures.  Any tips would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

    --Bruce