[pg-devel] Fwd: MAX_MESSAGE_LEN; broken link to cvs snapshot

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:18:13 UTC 2007

Hello.

There is a constant, +MAX_MESSAGE_LEN+  = 8192 in pg.lisp. My sql
statements sometimes exceed this value because criteria are generated
programmatically. In this case I get an error "sql statement too
long".

It looks like this constant is unnecessary. I've changed it to large
value and large sql statements (> 40kb) work well. Also I've checked
documentation for libpq cleint functions - no max query length is
mentioned.

Another note. CVS snapshot link on the common-lisp.net project page is broken.
http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/root.tar.gz?root=&eview=tar.
This works: http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/root.tar.gz?root=pg&view=tar

Best regards,
-Anton