[pg-devel] Move pg repos to darcs? (was: Re: one more on board)

Travis Cross travis at travislists.com
Sat Nov 11 22:19:25 UTC 2006

Attila Lendvai wrote:
>> i'll keep this mirror in sync and it'll contain our changes. if you
>> prefer cvs i'll send the patches as cvs diffs, but i wouldn't mind if
>> you copied the already converted darcs repo and use that... (hint hint
>> ;)
>
> unfortunately tailor had trouble with the pg repo when converting from
> INITIAL to preserve the cvs history (some files were missing from the
> result), so the darcs repo starts from the current head unfortunately.

Something must have changed in the CVS repos recently to cause this,
as, starting from scratch, I wasn't able to make a clean conversion
of the CVS repos either.

Fortunately I've been tracking the pg repos for some time, and I
believe my darcs repos is complete and accurate back to the initial
CVS import:

http://darcs.tcross.org/pg/

Eric - you are more than welcome to use this as a base for moving
the pg project on cl.net to darcs from CVS.  I believe this would
enable and encourage more contributions to the project, as it would
become easier to track the latest version and integrate one's own
changes.

Cheers,

-- Travis