[movitz-devel] OS decisions

Frode V. Fjeld frodef at cs.uit.no
Mon Jun 15 09:50:48 UTC 2009

Robert Swindells <rjs at fdy2.demon.co.uk> writes:

> The interrupt handling sequence might benefit from some changes too,
> I guess you could install a closure as the handler but it could be
> simpler to pass some object as an argument to the handler function.

As of now there's two mechanisms for setting up interrupt
handlers. The lower-level one is pretty much exactly the setting of
the vector in the CPU's handler table (I forget the name). They are
now all being set to the default interrupt trampoline, which
implements the second configuration level: The calling of any lisp
function, as specified by the "exception-handler" accessor.

> to pass some object as an argument to the handler function.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this?

--
Frode V. Fjeld