[movitz-devel] Towards a LispMachine and/or LispOS

Shawn Betts sabetts at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:42:53 UTC 2008

> To conclude, my experience is that addressing these fundamental OS issues
> inevitably leads to the design of the base Lisp system, be it Movitz or any
> other. So I am curious. How do you guys feel about this, assuming you have
> looked at it from a Lisp implementation viewpoint and perhaps using Movitz?

I think what you're trying to say is that the common lisp spec is
great but incomplete because it doesn't specify any of the APIs for
accessing hardware. Am I right? If so, you should check out the source
code and you will see what sorts of datastructures and functions are
used to manipulate the hardware.

If you're curious about how movitz works, right now the best place to
look is the source. Documentation is mostly nonexistant, although the
movitz wiki does have some information:
http://trac.common-lisp.net/movitz/wiki/git

-Shawn