[movitz-devel] Re: sbcl: heap exhausted

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld ffjeld at common-lisp.net
Thu Jan 11 15:37:08 UTC 2007

"Paavo Parkkinen" <pparkkin at cc.jyu.fi> writes:

> I was trying to compile the los0 image on my own computer this morning
> and after taking a while, and printing a bunch of messages, "(load
> "load.lisp")" came up with a "Heap exhausted, game over." -message.
>
> I have 512M memory (~500M swap); is that not enough, or did I do
> something wrong?

Did it work before? Movitz is rather memory hungry.. and I do seem to
remember I used to prefer CMUCL over SBCL at one time because CMUCL
seemed to provide more and more stable memory handling. You can try to
limit the features you bring into the image (by removing require
statements at the top of los0.img).

Wheter 1 GB in absolute terms is enough, I am not sure.. it does seem
a bit scarce.

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld