OT: Re: [movitz-devel] My experiences so far

Nikodemus Siivola tsiivola at cc.hut.fi
Tue Mar 16 07:51:59 UTC 2004

> compile movitz yet.  I'm trying to find a good IDE, which, it turns out,

Currently Slime + Emacs is a good bet.

> Emacs--specifically, Hemlock.  The shift key doesn't work in X, but
> until that gets worked out, I'm going to just use the terminal

Portable Hemlock or the CMUCL version? If the latter then I'd suggest
asking cmucl-help for advice. Anyways, I'd definitely recommend Slime over
Hemlock in a terminal -- unless you're interested in hacking the editor
itself that is, in which case Hemlock is likely to be infinitely more
rewarding.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus