[movitz-devel] Driver problems

Joel Smith joels at mobyfoo.org
Mon Jan 19 16:45:14 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm having some real problems writing a graphics driver for movitz. I need
full 32bit data width for both reading and writing to the graphics
ioports. Is there any sort of support for unboxed 32bit fixnums?

My current kludge for this problem is to create a structure with two
values to represent each half of the 32bits. This works nicely for writing
to the ioports, but I can't figure out how to store the data read back
from the ioports back into the structure's slots. How do you store data into a
structure from within 'with-inline-assembly'?

Well I think thats all my problems for now ;) I just wanted to say a big
THANKS to Frode for working on movitz!!! This stuff is really cool.

By the way, is anyone interested in using movitz to write a proper
LispOS? Is movitz going to stay purely a dev platform or is it going to
turn into a full LispOS project?

Happy Hacking,

Joel.