[mel-base-devel] IMAP with SSL

Jochen Schmidt jsc at crispylogics.com
Sun Feb 15 19:25:58 UTC 2009

Am 15.02.2009 um 18:39 schrieb Fred Gibson:

> I'm trying to use IMAP with an SSL connection.  I looked through the
> code and didn't see any support for SSL.  Am I missing something or
> is anyone else working on adding SSL support?

I always used things like stunnel to wrap the connection into a SSL-
Tunnel. It should be possible to use something like CL+SSL. I do not
remember having tried that though. In theory it should be enough to
subclass the existing imap-folder to a imaps-folder and give it an SSL-
stream using CL+SSL.

ciao,
Jochen

--