[mcclim-devel] double buffering of drawing panes

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 21 12:29:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

 in a mcclim application with incremental redisplay and lots of
objects there is a noticeable irregular flicker when dragging some
objects even for parts of the screen, which aren't invalidated by the
dragging. I checked the code and verified that my redraw routine is
not doing any redraw on these parts. It seems clim's work behind the
scenes replaying output records is responsible for that.

Is there a more or less straightforward way to implement double
buffering on the pane without taking mcclim apart?

Yours,
Orm