[mcclim-devel] access local application-frame in command

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 25 09:25:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

 I'm having trouble to find out, how to write a quit command without
using a global *application-frame* variable.

The idea is to be able to create more than one application frame and
to encapsulate everything into the frame, applying menu commands only
to the frame in which the command was issued. I looked into the
examples but all seem to be happy with a global *application-frame*
variable.

A similar issue concerns different key-to-command mappings in
different panes of the same application. In an editor pane the arrow
keys should be used for cursor movement and in other panes they could
mean different things. Do I have to move the dispatch into the command
invoked by the arrow keys or is there another mechanism built into
mcclim which enbales the use of different mappings in different panes?

Thanks for any help,
Orm
Prof. Orm Finnendahl
Komposition
Studio für elektronische Musik und Akustik
Musikhochschule Freiburg
Schwarzwaldstr. 141
79102 Freiburg
Tel.: +49-761-31915-167